Wednesday, January 20, 2010


all right. so i've decided to put more direction into this blog, giving it a more easy to follow format and a more lighthearted day-to-day type journal feel. because as much as this is for me to keep my thoughts organized, this is also for your entertainment! so heres to frivolity!

my first order of business in shaping up the blog:

#1 MUSIC:

new music that i can't get out of my head, all of which comes from my brilliant musical connoisseur of a little brother, Andrew

*Vagabond by Greenskeepers, so catchy, and for some reason it makes it a lot cooler that it is in the Grand Theft Auto game (i don't even play video games).

*Help, I'm Alive by Metric, vulnerable lyrics "hard to be soft, tough to be tender." loved this video too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiYRgFXYnGc

*On the Vista by Blakroc, powerful combination of two great artists: the black keys and mos def. awesome.

*You Make Me Feel by Milosh, deeply intimate and powerful. the song is about attempting to capture a moment, and he does it beautifully.

*Diplomat's Son by Vampire Weekend, this entire album blew me away. i'm usual optimist in my daily life, but for some reason i was expecting a complete flop from these budding artists. i'm happy to say, i was slapped in the face with an instant classic of an album. this is my favorite song on the album Contra because it features a relaxing ethereal sound with electronic vibrance and a mix-match tempo scheme that keeps me on my toes. "diplomat's son" gave me the feeling of a jamaican beach trip, salsa dancing in barcelona at dawn, and an overall tired excitement of arriving in a far-away land. long paragraph short, i love it.

this is the video for Cousins. really fun! view:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e0u11rgd9Q

Next up...#2 FRIENDS, #3 FUN